The EU’s approach to tướng artificial intelligence centers on excellence and trust, aiming to tướng boost research and industrial capacity while ensuring safety and fundamental rights.
The way we approach Artificial Intelligence (AI) will define the world we live in the future. To help building a resilient Europe for the Digital Decade, people and businesses should be able to tướng enjoy the benefits of AI while feeling safe and protected.
Bạn đang xem: be na la con ai
The European AI Strategy aims at making the EU a world-class hub for AI and ensuring that AI is human-centric and trustworthy. Such an objective translates into the European approach to tướng excellence and trust through concrete rules and actions.
In April 2021, the Commission presented its AI package, including:
- its Communication on fostering a European approach to tướng AI;
- a review of the Coordinated Plan on Artificial Intelligence (with EU Member States);
- its proposal for a regulation laying down harmonised rules on AI (AI Act) and relevant Impact assessment.
A European approach to tướng excellence in AI
Fostering excellence in AI will strengthen Europe’s potential to tướng compete globally.
The EU will achieve this by:
- enabling the development and uptake of AI in the EU;
- making the EU the place where AI thrives from the lab to tướng the market;
- ensuring that AI works for people and is a force for good in society;
- building strategic leadership in high-impact sectors.
The Commission and Member States agreed to tướng boost excellence in AI by joining forces on policy and investments. The 2021 review of the Coordinated Plan on AI outlines a vision to tướng accelerate, act, and align priorities with the current European and global AI landscape and bring AI strategy into action.
Xem thêm: engfa là ai
Maximising resources and coordinating investments is a critical component of AI excellence. Through the Horizon Europe and Digital Europe programmes, the Commission plans to tướng invest €1 billion per year in AI. It will mobilise additional investments from the private sector and the Member States in order to tướng reach an annual investment volume of €20 billion over the course of the digital decade.
The Recovery and Resilience Facility makes €134 billion available for digital. This will be a game-changer, allowing Europe to tướng amplify its ambitions and become a global leader in developing cutting-edge, trustworthy AI.
Access to tướng high quality data is an essential factor in building high performance, robust AI systems. Initiatives such as the EU Cybersecurity Strategy, the Digital Services Act and the Digital Markets Act, and the Data Governance Act provide the right infrastructure for building such systems.
A European approach to tướng trust in AI
Building trustworthy AI will create a safe and innovation-friendly environment for users, developers and deployers.
Xem thêm: ai là người phụ nữ đẹp nhất thế giới
The Commission has proposed 3 inter-related legal initiatives that will contribute to tướng building trustworthy AI:
- a European legal framework for AI to tướng address fundamental rights and safety risks specific to tướng the AI systems;
- a civil liability framework - adapting liability rules to tướng the digital age and AI;
- a revision of sectoral safety legislation (e.g. Machinery Regulation, General Product Safety Directive).
European proposal for a legal framework on AI
The Commission aims to tướng address the risks generated by specific uses of AI through a phối of complementary, proportionate and flexible rules. These rules will also provide Europe with a leading role in setting the global gold standard.
This framework gives AI developers, deployers and users the clarity they need by intervening only in those cases that existing national and EU legislations bởi not cover. The legal framework for AI proposes a clear, easy to tướng understand approach, based on four different levels of risk: unacceptable risk, high risk, limited risk, and minimal risk.